On Monday, February 14, we are celebrating Naropa BeLoved Day to engage our students, faculty/staff, parents, friends and donors by inviting everyone to create a ripple of hope, love and care that reminds us why it is good to be alive, to be human, to be here now. It can be any action inspired by love and designed to touch the hearts of others.
Examples of personal and/or group intentions to Show Love on Naropa BeLoved Day:
- Leave a handwritten “Love Note” on someone’s car windshield.
- Place a bouquet of flowers on someone’s doorstep.
- Spend time volunteering at a local nonprofit, school and/or senior center.
- Mail a handwritten note of gratitude to someone that has touched your life.
- Leave a large tip for your restaurant server or coffee shop barista.
- Leave a stack of quarters next to a vending machine.
- Leave a gift card outside your favorite coffee shop.
- Add books to a Little Free Library.
- Write an inspirational chalk-art message on a sidewalk.
- Shovel snow from a neighbor’s sidewalk/driveway.
- Make a gift to a local nonprofit organization whose mission you value.
- Make a gift supporting Naropa’s Student Scholarship Fund and/or Naropa’s Student Emergency Fund.
- Leave a thank you note for your postal worker.
- Donate linens, blankets and sundries to a homeless shelter.
- Drop off dog/cat treats, kitty litter, gently used bath towels to your local animal shelter.
- If you provide specialized services and/or therapy sessions, give a teacher or healthcare worker one free of charge.
- Do a loving kindness meditation, focusing benevolent and loving energy toward yourself and others.
- Surprise someone with your own personal random act of kindness.
Please share with us by registering below how you plan to celebrate Naropa BeLoved Day.
Inspire others to do the same by sharing this page with an invitation to participate in Naropa BeLoved Day.