Website Youth Seen
Dedicated to supporting our QTBIPoC|LGBTQ communities
Our vision: Youth Seen envisions a society where young people are empowered as individuals to access nonjudgmental and unbiased treatment in every aspect of their lives. We encourage the creative creation of a community that celebrates everyone’s worth, diverse characteristics and dignity.
Our organization works with our communities and stands as a leader in our local Colorado area, and beyond, for establishing partnerships with groups who specifically tailor their resources, education and outreach to our youth and young QTBIPoC/LGBTQI community. Youth Seen strives to highlight the intersections that many communities of color face when addressing social issues that impact families that identify under the umbrella of LGBTQI. This also includes our community members identifying as gender non-conforming, non-binary, genderfluid, genderqueer and two spirit, which is often left out of the mainstream language around services.
Under direct supervision, the therapist will provide clinical and support services to individuals and/or their support systems utilizing evidence based best practice models. May operate in a residential environment, community based, office based, or in an outreach environment, detention facility, schools, and/or outpatient clinic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides counseling, therapy and/or psychotherapy to youth and families as appropriate to the position; prepares treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Provides care to consumers in a manner that recognizes the human potential, is empathic and demonstrates unconditional positive regard while promoting safety, comfort and a therapeutic environment.
- Proven experience working with and in QTBIPoC + LGBTQIA communities
- Maintains confidentiality of all records.
- Provides case management services to consumers as needed.
- Facilitates and contributes to the accomplishment of tasks by consumers and/or families; empowers consumers to reach optimum level of achievement; sets positive example and provides role modeling as well as technical expertise to accomplish goals.
- Documents intervention and program activity
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education and training opportunities, meetings, supervisory sessions and special events.
- Maintains accurate and timely clinical records
- Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapy and/or casework, refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
- Consults and coordinates with community partners as needed.
- Projects a positive image to other agencies and general public.
- Assists in pinpointing program and management problems and participates in problem resolution.
- Participates in on-going program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Promotes cooperative working relationships and positive team atmosphere.
- Performs other such duties as assigned within the scope of the position and program description, as well as those reflective of their experience, education and ability.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in counseling related field or a Doctorate degree in Psychology or similar from an accredited University.
- Minimum of two years direct clinical experience.
- Communication, organization, time management, interpersonal, and evidence informed clinical skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedure, and standards.
- Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
- Organization and time management.
- Knowledge around decolonizing mental health frameworks.
- Professional counseling licensure (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LP)
- Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) status II, or III preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter that talks about how you decolonize mental health in your work and a resume to careers at youthseen.org
To apply for this job please visit youthseen.org.