Website Functional Living - Exercise for Seniors
Functional Living provides in-home, personalized fitness training for aging adults. Our fitness training service focuses on supporting healthy senior mobility and independence through functional exercise.
About the Position
Upcoming opening available for an Exercise Specialist with experience and/or training working with older adults. This is currently a part-time, independent contractor opportunity but has potential to become full-time in the near future as client load increases. We are looking for someone who is interested in growing with us.
About Functional Living
Functional Living provides in-home, personalized fitness training for aging adults. Our fitness training service focuses on supporting healthy senior mobility and independence through functional exercise. Our mobile services are available throughout the Denver-Boulder Metro area to both private residences and senior living facilities. To learn more, visit our website: www.functionallivingco.com.
We are looking for applicants with relevant experience/training and certification or are working toward a bachelors’ degree in a related field.
Personal Trainer Responsibilities:
- Conduct one-one-one, functional fitness sessions with aging adults in-home or at facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical notes for each client session.
- Update family members bi-weekly of client’s performance.
Candidate MUST have:
- POSSESS THEIR OWN LIABILITY INSURANCE.
- Experience working with and motivating older adults to exercise.
- An excellent understanding of the functional aspects of the human body as it relates to aging.
- The ability to assess functional capabilities (ROM, strength, functional mobility) and be able to prescribe exercise programs specific to the senior population.
- An understanding of age-related disease processes/medical conditions and appropriate modification of exercises related to those conditions.
- Good time management skills
- Excellent observation skills
- Creative ideas & problem solving around functional fitness
- Exceptional communication skills
- Patience, openness and compassion with clients.
- Self motivated and operate with a high-level of integrity.
We will only consider applicants who submit a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 – $27.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com