- This event has passed.
Naropa University Fall 2020 Donor Appreciation Reception (Virtual via Zoom)
November 17, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm MST
Thank you for registering to join Naropa University’s Fall 2020 Donor Appreciation Reception virtual event. We look forward to seeing you Tuesday, November 17, from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m., Mountain Standard Time.
We greatly appreciate the past and continued support of donors like you to Naropa. These philanthropic investments help ensure Naropa’s continued place as a leader in contemplative education and a hub of creativity, innovation, artistic expression, and social engagement.
More now than ever, we are grateful for you as part of our outstanding donor community. Naropa University’s success would not be possible without your generous support.
Zoom Link to the Virtual Reception: https://naropa.zoom.us/j/91024543652
5:00 to 5:30 p.m. Meet and Greet
Upon entering the reception, you and your fellow guests will be able to choose one of the following themed breakout rooms. Once joining a breakout room, you will be able to switch from room to room if you would like.
- Breakout Room #1: Art and Creative Practice (Hosted by Leah Friedman, Chair and Assistant Professor, Transpersonal Art Therapy, and Michael Franklin, Professor, Graduate Transpersonal Art Therapy Program and founder of the Naropa Community Art Studio)
- Breakout Room #2: The Chögyam Trungpa Institute (Hosted by Carolyn Gimian, Executive Director)
- Breakout Room #3: Climate Change and Sustainability (Hosted by Michael Bauer, Director of Sustainability, and Travis Cox, Associate Professor, Ecopsychology)
- Breakout Room #4: Contemplative Practice and Mental Health (Hosted Joy Redstone, Director, Naropa Community Counseling Center, and Charlotte Rotterdam, Director of the Center for the Advancement of Contemplative Education)
- Breakout Room #5: General Conversations (Hosted by Chuck Lief, President, and Jason Scott Embry, Interim Vice President for Development)
5:30 p.m. Welcome and Opening Bow
Jason Scott Embry, Interim Vice President for Development
Kirtan Raga Invocation
Alena Gripass, Naropa Class of 2023
5:35 p.m. Welcome and Remarks, Including the Opportunity for Guests to Ask Questions
Chuck Lief, President
5:50 p.m. Talent Showcase Videos
Featuring Naropa University Students, Faculty, and Alumnx
- Students – Benu Amun-Ra, Sasha Hana, and Christine Marie
- Faculty Members – Jamie Beachy and Sara Lewis
- Alumnx – Sorin Thomas, Queer Asterisk Therapeutic Services
- Student Poetry Readings – Amy Bobeda, tess brown-lavoie, and Marlie McGovern
6:20 p.m. Thank You from the Naropa University Board of Trustees
David Chivers, Trustee
6:25 p.m. Closing and Final Bow
We greatly appreciate your past and continued support of Naropa University.
This information will help you log into the virtual event via Zoom.
Joining the Zoom Meeting
On November 17, a few minutes before 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, please join the virtual event either by computer, tablet, or phone.
On your computer, please join the Zoom Virtual Reception, by visiting:
Or by calling in using one of the following numbers:
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
Meeting ID: 910 2454 3652
If you have never used Zoom before, first download the software onto your computer or smartphone by visiting:
When you are not speaking, please have your microphone muted.
To use video so others can see you, please click the “Join With Video” button.