Welcome to our Beloved Naropa CommunityThe Beloved Naropa Community is an online space built for Naropa’s students, alumnx, faculty, staff, donors, family and friends. In this space, we can connect with each other and share events, blog posts and job opportunities. We can also make donations, build groups and organize as a community to support our growing beloved community.Watch Jasmine Syedullah’s Recent Lecture Surviving White SupremacyJasmine Syedullah is a black feminist political theorist of abolition, as well as co-author of Radical Dharma: Talking Race, Love, and Liberation (North Atlantic Books, 2016). She holds the first Assistant Professor line in Vassar College’s Africana Studies Program, celebrating its 51st anniversary this year. Her current research centers the fugitive writings of formerly enslaved mother Harriet Jacobs and her abolitionist vision of freedom.Watch LectureSupport the Student Emergency FundThe Student Emergency Fund provides support for Naropa students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency or unanticipated life event, as well as addresses food insecurity and other hardships that might otherwise cause the student to stop or pause their educational goals. No gift is too small. And every dollar makes a difference.Donate Today
Hello, Beloved Naropa Community, this online space is being built by and for the Alumnx and current student community in collaboration with Naropa faculty and staff to help further Naropa’s mission of diversity, sustainability and the advancement of contemplative education. As a recent alumnx and current staff member I hope this space will support and inspire communal growth and a safe compassionate online space.
RESEARCH & DATA MANAGER & RECENT ALUMNX
- On the top menu bar, select “Events” drop down menu, select “Create an Event.”
- This will take you to the “Create an Event” page where you can enter details about the upcoming event via a submission form.
- Once complete, click submit and it will be shared with the Office of Events team to review and publish
- Once your event is approved and published we’ll share it via the appropriate Naropa channels to ensure our community is aware of the upcoming event
Submit a Blog
- On the top menu bar, select “Blog” drop down menu, select “Submit a Blog”
- This will take you to the “Submit a Blog” page where you can enter your blog content via a submission form.
- Once complete, click submit and it will be shared with Naropa’s Marketing department to review and publish
- Once your blog post is approved and published we’ll share it via the appropriate Naropa channels to ensure our beloved community is made aware of your new post
Post a Job
- On the top menu bar, select the “Jobs” drop down menu, and click “Post a Job”
- This will take you to the “Post a Job” page where you can enter details about the job opportunity via a submission form
- Once complete, click submit and it will be shared with the Office of Career & Life Development to review and publish
- Once your job opportunity is published we’ll share it via the appropriate Naropa channels to ensure our community is aware of the opportunity
View some of Naropa University’s upcoming events.
Browse posts created by our Beloved Naropa Community.
Stay in touch
If you have any questions regarding our Beloved Naropa Community, please contact Christopher Rachal at email@example.com
connect with us
Make An Impact
The Office for Inclusive Community (OIC) is Naropa’s home for social justice work—celebrating diverse identities and creating a culture at Naropa that is radically inclusive. Rooted in the school’s mission to “transform yourself, transform the world,” OIC supports students, staff, faculty, and the institution at large to grow their awareness of the dynamics of privilege, power and oppression, and to take social action.
Through various initiatives, CTI will encourage a critical assessment by scholars and practitioners of Chögyam Trungpa’s body of teachings and his place in the development of Buddhism in the West. The Chögyam Trungpa Institute will also seek to support new directions that honor the spirit of his work, through expositions, classes, research, debate, and other means.
The Center for the Advancement of Contemplative Education is a research institution that investigates ways that a contemplative approach to education can enrich higher education, research, teaching, administration, and general campus life. The center seeks to develop the field of contemplative higher education to reflect cultural diversity and include voices derived from multiple world wisdom traditions.
We provide exceptional counseling services that are rooted in mindfulness. With compassionate presence and wisdom, we support the diversity, health and well-being of students and the local community. Our counselors are well trained in the integration of innovative, contemplative, creative and traditional methods of counseling.
What is the Beloved Naropa Community?
The Beloved Naropa Community is an online space built for Naropa’s students, alumnx, faculty, staff, donors, family and friends. In this space, we can connect with each other and share events, blog posts and job opportunities. We can also make donations, build groups and organize as a community to support our growing beloved community.
How do I invite someone to the community?
To send an email invitation to non-members to join our community click your name in the upper right-hand corner. Then, hover over the “Email Invites” menu item and click the “Send Invites” option. On the next page, you’ll be able to invite your friends. Alternatively, you can share a link to our registration page.
How do I connect with community members?
If you’re interested in joining a group please visit the “Groups” page in our header menu. Alternatively, if you’re hoping to connect with specific community members you can visit our “Members” page located in the top header menu. There, you’ll be able to find students, alumnx, faculty, and staff to connect with. If you don’t see members of your cohort or your favorite teacher in the community, please invite them!
Can I start a group?
Currently, we are accepting groups from SUN (student union of Naropa) and internal groups by faculty and staff. If you are an alumnx or member of the community interested in building a group please reach out and we can discuss your group idea further. For those ready to start a group please reach out to Christopher Rachal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I share and promote content with Naropa’s Beloved Community?
Whenever you share events, blog posts, or job opportunities, various departments are notified at Naropa such as the Office of Events, Marketing, and the Office of Career & Life Development. Additionally, you have the option to request promotional support when you submit content. By doing so, our Marketing department will be able to share your content with the appropriate audiences through newsletters, social media, our main website, and more.
How can I support Naropa?
Being here, in community, is a great first step to help us grow with each other. Additionally, here are 5 ways to support Naropa’s Beloved Community:
- Visiting our donation page and making a donation to a fund of your choice,
- Adding an optional donation to any upcoming events you are hosting
- Sharing content with our community
- Partnering with our Development Office for a fundraiser
- Linking to our donation page or a fund of your choice in your email signature